CYO present Idyll at Llewellyn Hall
Friday 23rd October, 7:30pm
The Canberra Youth Orchestra will present the next instalment of their 2015 Llewellyn Hall concert schedule on Friday 23rd October, 2015.
Entitled ‘Idyll’, newly-appointed conductor Leonard Weiss will lead the CYO as they perform:
- Strauss: Die Fledermaus Overture
- Elgar: Nimrod from Enigma Variations
- Weber: Bassoon Concerto in F major
- Mendelssohn: Symphony No.3, Op.56
Idyll represents a change of tone and pace from the Canberra Youth Orchestra’s energetic last Llewellyn Hall performance, Occidental, which delighted audiences and received a glowing review from esteemed critic Helen Musa OAM. Originally a term meaning form/essence, Idyll luxuriates in the rich Romantic traditions of Strauss, Elgar and Mendelssohn, complemented by Weber’s exemplary Bassoon Concerto. The concert charts a history of thematically inspired pieces, most evident in Mendelssohn’s iconic Scottish Symphony, a jovial and at times poignant recollection of his travels.
Tickets for Idyll are now available to purchase through Ticketek. Members please see below pricing information for discounted & free member tickets – we will be emailing the discount ticket code to MFC members via our next member newsletter, so please check your “promotions” and “junk” folders for an email sent Friday 25th September.
Idyll ticket prices:
- Adult: $20
- Concession: $15
- Children 5-17 years: $10
- Children under 5: free
- Family (4 people): $50
- MFC students/family members over 16 years: $10 (when the Ticketek booking link becomes live, you can enter the member password as per the below picture)
- MFC students under 16 years: FREE – please contact the office to reserve a complimentary ticket for any MFC student 16 years or younger currently enrolled in any MFC program
- MFC Life Members: FREE, as above
Please refer back to this page or follow Music For Canberra on Facebook for further updates about the concert!