Currently Seeking: Mixed Abilities Program Music Facilitators
Are you looking for a role to combine your love of music, and working to improve the quality of creative life of people living with disability? Music For Canberra are looking for two unique individuals interested in a growth role, who can demonstrate continual learning on the job and assimilate knowledge and experiences. These casual music teaching positions are part of our Mixed Abilities Program team, delivering the ACT’s broadest program of music groups and workshops to those in the Canberra community living with disability. To be successful in this role you will have a functional music theory knowledge, play at least one lead instrument (guitar or piano) and sing, and be willing and confident to explore new instruments.
All Music For Canberra staff are supported by the our administrative team, who coordinate all pays, super contributions, WWVP checks etc. as well as class scheduling and student registrations.
- Employment in the Mixed Abilities Program is on a casual basis (3 – 6 hours per week).
- Tertiary qualifications are not required.
- Staff need to be confident playing at least one lead musical instrument (eg guitar, piano) and be confident singing and improvising musically with their co-facilitator (most classes are run by two teachers).
- A teaching background is not essential, but is preferred.
- Experience of working with people living with disability is desirable.
Applications close Tuesday the 21st of May, 2019.