Payment of fees
General Terms & Conditions
- By using the services of Music for Canberra, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms, conditions and financial arrangements of this agreement until you advise in writing, in accordance with this policy, that you wish to cease lessons.
- In addition, when using these services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. Any participation in this service will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the above, please do not use this service.
- All participants in a Music for Canberra’s program must enrolled as a member of Music for Canberra.
- Music for Canberra runs on a standard 10 weeks term following the ACT state school term. It is the student and parent’s responsibility to check the term dates prior to enrolling for the term.
- All enrolments are ongoing and will automatically rollover to the following term unless a notice to discontinue has been provided in writing two weeks prior to the start of the next payment period (term).
- Where a timetabled lesson coincides with a statutory public holiday, there will be no lesson on that day. Music for Canberra will not invoice for that day’s lesson.
- It is the student’s responsibility to attend lessons on time. No extra time will be given if the student arrives late. This is to ensure that the next student starts his/her lesson on time.
- Once formally enrolled for a school term, the member agrees to pay all fees based on that enrolment, up to the end of that term.
- Fees are non-refundable and must be paid in a single instalment, before the due date or the first class of each term, whichever comes first. Members cannot commence classes if fees have not been paid in full.
- Where a member is experiencing genuine hardship with payments, they may apply to the office in writing for a payment plan, before the due date of invoice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where full payment has not been received by the due date and no such request submitted, Music for Canberra reserves the right to cancel or refuse enrolment.
- A $30 late payment fee will also be added to the invoice after the due date shown in the invoice.
Fees may be paid via the following ways:
- Electronic funds transfer to Music for Canberra Incorporated via the Bank: Westpac. BSB: 032719. Account Number: 601858
- In-person by prior arrangement at the office (cheque, credit & debit cards excluding Diners & AMEX);
- By post (cheque, or by returning the credit card slip from your invoice);
- By email (by returning the credit card slip from your invoice); or
- Over the phone (credit/debit card).
- Discounts only apply to enrolments for the full 10-week term. If the participant starts a program halfway through the term, no discount will apply.
- Members are only eligible for discount on fees paid by the due date on invoice (unless a payment plan has been arranged before the due date).
- Regardless of the number of programs members are enrolled in, only one discount will be applied per family and/or invoice, and that one discount will apply to the lowest priced item.
- Discounts do not apply to programs where there is already a discounted fee due to subsidies/support (e.g. Seasoned Voices and the Mixed Ability Program).
The following discounts may apply to a student/family’s program fees:
- Concession Discount – 15% off (the office must sight your concession card)
- Tertiary Student Discount – 15% off (the office must sight your student or concession card)
- Family Discount – 10% off if there are more than one child from the same family enrolled
- Multiple Group or Ensemble Discount* – any student enrolling in a second group or ensemble receives a 10% discount for that second group or ensemble. This is designed to encourage students to participate in a variety of groups or ensembles across differing musical styles and instruments. Please note: This discount can only apply to groups or ensembles which are financially viable, i.e. which have enough participants already enrolled. Please contact the office to discuss whether the second group you would like to join qualifies for this discount.
- New members to Music for Canberra who join a class after the commencement of the term (for term-based programs) are entitled to a pro-rata reduction in class fees only.
- Orchestra fees are for membership within the orchestra and charged on a per term basis. There is no pro-rata reduction in term fees for enrolments in String Stream, JMO or CYO.
- Existing members who start the term late are not entitled to a pro-rata reduction, except where this has been agreed with the General Manager at least 2 weeks before the commencement of the following term. All requests must be made in writing.
Cancellations and Withdrawals
- If you do not intend to continue the following term, you must notify the office in writing at email@example.com at least two weeks before the commencement of the following term.
- If you fail to notify the office before the due date above, you will be charged class fees at a pro-rata rate including the stipulated 2 weeks’ notice required above. This payment should be viewed as a late withdrawal fee.
- If a member decides to withdraw from a class during term, a credit or refund of fees will only be considered in extenuating circumstances. Any such request must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and any approval will remain at the discretion of the CEO.
- Any refund will be subject to deduction of a $25 administration fee. The administration fee will be waived if the member chooses to instead accept a credit towards fees for the next term, or to donate the outstanding amount to Music for Canberra in lieu of a refund.
- Credit towards next term’s fees will be given if scheduled classes are cancelled by Music for Canberra.
- Music for Canberra reserves the right to cancel any class at any time, and change or substitute tutors, if circumstances necessitate this. All reasonable notice will be given to students wherever possible.
- There will be no refunds or credits for enrolled participants who fail to attend classes when tutors are present to teach.
- Group lessons or ensembles missed by the student will not be credited or made up.
- Participants in individual tuition classes can send a request to the office with a minimum of 14 days’ notice before the date of the lesson for a credit or make-up lesson. Requests for make-up lessons will be passed on to the tutor for their consideration. As the tutor is not paid extra to conduct a make-up lesson for a student, approval is entirely at the tutor’s discretion.
Sickness and other absences
- Music for Canberra relies on the judgement of parents/carers as to whether a child or dependant is too ill to attend classes; please consider other participant’s health & well-being.
- Replacement lessons or credits will not be arranged for absences due to ill health, school activities, work travel or holidays taken during term. Just as a regular school does not give refunds of classes missed for students’ own external commitments, nor does Music for Canberra; our term fees secure your lesson time with your teacher for the entire term.
Questions and Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Peter our General Manager directly on this email Peter@musicforcanberra.org.au.